Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


New Year's Day is a time for both reflection on the past year as well as looking forward and setting goals for the year ahead.  And today is especially special, if you will, since it is the dawn of not only a new year, but a new decade, as well. 

I've had the joy of having a great family, an amazing job (well, most of the time anyway), and the pleasure of reading some fabulous books this past year.  I've even had the time to read a couple of "grown up" books over the holidays--both fantastic--The Guernesy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and An Echo in the Bone--before I begin this year's Lone Star hopefuls reading in earnest.

Speaking of Lone Stars...this is the beginning of my final year on the committee. Man, it just about breaks my heart to say it---I have been challenged and have grown so much from being on this committee and working with the amazing people who have been a part of it. 

I've heard it said that the way you spend your time on New Year's Day is an indication of how you'll spend the entire new year.  If that's the case, then I'm definitely covering my bases....reading, writing (journal and attempting a novel! as well as blogging, spending time with friends and family and just taking some quiet time to think and BE.  Oh yes, I ate my black-eyed-peas and cabbage today, too...yep, covering ALL my bases!

A happy new year to all...may 2010 bring to you the wonders of your mind and the joys of your heart. 
s

No comments: