Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn---no spoilers, promise!


Yep, I was one of those crazy fans that showed up to get my book at midnight last night. I got to our local Hastings (sadly the ONLY book store in my town) about 11:20. While the crowd wasn't as large as I expected, there were quite a few people there--some in prom dresses, others like myself wearing a t-shirt and denim and trying not to look a hot mess at that hour, and still others wearing more goth-like garb. It was wonderful to see so many of my former students (you guys rock) playing Twilight trivia (congrats Hunter!) and eagerly awaiting the midnight hour....
After visiting with some friends the hour finally approached and we all took our spot in the long lines....did I say there weren't many people there? Ha! At this point they seemed to materialize out of thin air! After buying this book, I only stopped to buy some caffeine and then it was time to take my reading place on the couch. I finally made myself go to bed around 4:30 this morning---with about 1/4 of the book left to finish. I have a confession to make here...I did peek at the end and I never do that....but I couldn't help myself. Despite my droopy eyes I couldn't put the book down until I knew.....well, I wouldn't want to spoil anything here....It's now around 1:30 in the afternoon and the book is satisfyingly finished and I've taken a bit of time just to hold it inside me, ruminate on it, and just enjoy the fabulousness.
What can I say--I loved, loved, loved this book, and it is more mature than the others in the series. I would highly recommend it for 8th grade and up. I will absolutely blog about this book as soon as I feel like enough time has been given for it not to spoil things for the majority of Twilight fans....enjoy!

No comments: